Welcome Message

Welcome to Business In Balance! This is an ongoing exploration of business concepts and strategies for success. I am Emily Boege and I own Beauty In Balance, a natural and organic personal care products manufacturer. I am fascinated by business as the means by which we pursue independence, self expression and the betterment of the world around us. I seek to develop a greater understanding of myself and others and view business as a practice in attaining balance in the alignment of personal and financial growth.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Growth and Organic Evolution

Growth is a natural evolution of living things. I believe that if we are to achieve success in our businesses we must come to view them as living, breathing, evolving organisms that need our care and nurturing to survive and thrive.

Nurturing my company's organic evolution means listening to customers and observing the market. Just as it would be destructive for a parent to attempt to force a child to become exactly what that parent wants the child to be, it would not be constructive for me to force my company to become exactly what I envisioned regardless of what my customers and the market are telling me.

As counter-intuitive as it may seem to loosen our grasp, we must let go of rigid expectations and learn to observe with open minds. We must let our businesses grow and become what they will as we assume the role of a supportive parent honoring the child with guidance, gentle coaxing and unconditional encouragement.

In order to honor and exemplify the spirit of organic evolution, I am making a commitment to writing this blog in unhindered honesty and openness. I will share my thoughts, observations, mistakes, faults, lessons and accomplishments as they unfold in hopes that not only may I help others on their way toward success in business, but also that I might in turn come to better understand my own drive and motivations.

I believe that if we stay accountable to others and ourselves above all, conduct our affairs with unyielding integrity, honor our innate creativity and focus on the attainment of balance in our business and personal lives we can all experience success beyond our wildest expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment